Welcome to the Course
Is this course for me?
This course will teach you how to embrace Spanish culture. The lessons you learn will help you grow on a personal, professional, academic, and civic level.
If any of these statements ring true for you, then we highly recommend you enroll.
- I intend to move to Spain to live, work, or volunteer
- I plan to study in Spain as an exchange student
- I love all things Spain, from flamenco and tapas to Don Quixote, Picasso and LaLiga!
- Someone I know is from Spain and I’d like to improve our relations
- I’m visiting Spain for a long or short term trip
- I’m curious how cultural awareness can help me to understand myself and my own culture, as well as other people and their cultures
- I want to be prepared for how gender, sexual orientation, race, or ethnicity are handled in Spain
Discover Spanish Culture
Get a grip on Spanish culture and realize your true travel potential
- Connect with the locals: leave your comfort zone and make lasting friendships with the local people.
- Avoid embarrassing faux pas: take a simple step towards not making a fool of yourself or accidentally offending someone.
- Handle culture shock like a pro: deal with anxiety, homesickness, and isolation with clarity of mind.
- See the ‘real’ Spain: skip the naïve tourist stage and experience the most authentic, genuine places and activities.
- Make the most of every moment: return from your Spanish adventure without a single regret, only fantastic memories.
You’ll get everything you need to have a culturally immersive experience when you visit Spain, right here in this e-course.
- Six jam-packed modules
- A friendly course guide to lead the way
- Extensive interviews with locals and expats
- Inspiring images and videos
- Handy course summaries
- Fun quizzes per module
- Official completion certificate
Behind the scenes
CulturaGo’s Introduction to Spanish Culture is the combined effort of many passionate, dedicated, and talented individuals.
Let’s start with the course creator, Maria Mazur. You’ve got her to thank for much of the integral information you’ll find in this course.
Postdoctoral and senior researchers and teachers from prestigious universities, such as Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona and the University of Oxford, have also lent their expertise to CulturaGo’s Introduction to Spanish Culture.
Their careful auditing of the course content has helped keep us true to our core values of accountability and accuracy.
Additionally, Introduction to Spanish Culture draws on the wisdom and first-hand accounts of over twenty contributors. Among them are exchange students, teachers, digital nomads, and social workers from various areas of Spain, as well as expats from countries like the US, UK, Germany, and China.
We’ve put a lot of work into making this course the best it can be!
Try the course in demo mode
Want to know a bit more before you sign up? Now you can sample our Introduction to Spanish Culture course in a demo version for a sneak-peek at the exclusive course material in Module 1: Spain at a Glance.
Why People Love CulturaGo
Learners share their experience of CulturaGo's culture courses.
"Thank you for creating this course, a lot of the information that I read and watched within the course have proved to be useful. I have seen some of these examples during my own Erasmus experience and having done the course, some of these examples now seem familiar to me.”
Ryan, De Montfort University student in Spain
"I think the course has greatly helped me with knowing about Spanish culture before I arrived in Spain. After being here for a few weeks, I feel like everything I learned in the course is useful in my daily life and whenever I encounter a foreign situation abroad. Thank you greatly for offering this course for students getting ready to travel and/or study abroad. I definitely appreciated all of the helpful hints and information that I learned after taking the CulturaGo Spain course and I am definitely going to recommend it to others in the future."
Collin, UFL Warrington student in Spain
“Over the course of my years learning Castellano, I would say that there are things that I already knew, some iconic landmarks such as museums and about the food. But this course was super in depth and really insightful into the Spanish culture! The videos were super awesome! They provided a great break from reading and hearing about other people's first hand experience and what they would do next time was very interesting. It makes me feel more better prepared about what to expect when I do go to Spain."
Caitlin, Auckland University student in Spain
"During times when cultural exchange has been limited, my curiosity about other cultures has definitely increased. This course was wonderful in offering a balanced view of the country's culture."
Yonghui, Auckland University student in Spain
Join Our Newsletter!
© 2023 CulturaGo. All Rights Reserved