Introduction to Spanish Culture
When you’re headed to a cultural powerhouse like Spain, you’ll need to take every opportunity you can if you want to soak up all of the wonders on offer. From the quaint countryside villages to the mind-bending beauty of Spain’s art-abundant cities, the customs, traditions, and even the languages change. This is one diverse destination that should be understood to be appreciated.
Take the bull by the horns with CulturaGo. Give yourself a world-class cultural education and get the skills you need to overcome Spanish culture shock, integrate with the community, connect with the locals, and live life a little less siesta, a lot more fiesta!
Is this course for me?
This course will teach you how to embrace Spanish culture. The lessons you learn will help you grow on a personal, professional, academic, and civic level.
If any of these statements ring true for you, then we highly recommend you enroll.
- I intend to move to Spain to live, work, or volunteer
- I plan to study in Spain as an exchange student
- I love all things Spain, from flamenco and tapas to Don Quixote, Picasso and LaLiga!
- Someone I know is from Spain and I’d like to improve our relations
- I’m visiting Spain for a long or short term trip
- I’m curious how cultural awareness can help me to understand myself and my own culture, as well as other people and their cultures
- I want to be prepared for how gender, sexual orientation, race, or ethnicity are handled in Spain
Discover Spanish Culture
Welcome to the vibrant world of Spain, famous for its rich cultural heritage that has been cultivated over millennia.ENROLL
Get a grip on Spanish culture and realize your true travel potential
- Connect with the locals: leave your comfort zone and make lasting friendships with the local people
- Avoid embarrassing faux pas: take a simple step towards not making a fool of yourself or accidentally offending someone
- Handle culture shock like a pro: deal with anxiety, homesickness, and isolation with clarity of mind
- See the ‘real’ Spain: skip the naive tourist stage and experience the most authentic, genuine places and activities
- Make the most of every moment: return from your Spainish adventure without a single regret, only fantastic memories
You’ll get everything you need to have a culturally immersive experience when you visit Spain, right here in this e-course.
- Five jam-packed modules
- A friendly course guide to lead the way
- Interviews with over 15 locals & expats
- Inspiring images and videos
- Handy course summaries
- Fun quizzes per module
- Official completion certificate
Behind the scenes
CulturaGo’s Introduction to Spanish Culture is the combined effort of many passionate, dedicated, and talented individuals.
Let’s start with the course creator, Maria Mazur. You’ve got her to thank for much of the integral information you’ll find in this course.
Postdoctoral and senior researchers and teachers from prestigious universities, such as Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona and the University of Oxford, have also lent their expertise to CulturaGo’s Introduction to Spanish Culture. Their careful auditing of the course content has helped keep us true to our core values of accountability and accuracy.
But that’s not all.
Introduction to Spanish Culture draws on the wisdom and first-hand accounts of over twenty contributors. Among them are exchange students, teachers, digital nomads, and social workers from various areas of Spain, as well as expats from countries like the US, UK, Germany, and China.
We’ve put a lot of work into making this course the best it can be!
Universities and program providers we work with
We work with respected educational and travel institutions globally. Below are just a few of the institutions that have become a part of our constantly growing network and whose students and travelers have all benefited from what our courses have to offer. For more information on bringing cultural education to your students please visit our partner page. Alternatively, find out how you can work with us and deliver our courses to your audience. Get involved, let’s collaborate!
Try the course in demo mode
Want to know a bit more before you sign up? Now you can sample our Introduction to Spanish Culture course in a demo version for a sneak-peek at the exclusive course material in Module 1: Spain at a Glance.
Enjoy better travel with CulturaGo
Cultural-awareness will transform your experience abroad.
When you enroll on a CulturaGo course, you get unlimited access to loads of exclusive content. Simply log in and learn with our user-friendly online platform, and mark the lessons, modules, and knowledge assessments completed as you go. Tap into CulturaGo anytime, and take advantage of the most complete and unified resource on country-specific culture.
Getting a headstart to a more immersive, rewarding travel experience couldn’t be easier!